Horizon High School will be the leader in setting high standards for student achievement and learning, preparing students for college and post-secondary options and cultivating 21st Century skills that will lead to individual excellence.
Horizon High School’s mission is to create a community of learners focused on:
- Students work independently and interactively on authentic tasks based on state-standards that are:
- Focused on the “Big Skills & Ideas” of the discipline.
- Real-world, meaningful and relevant.
- Centered on applying and creating.
- Dependent on 21st Century process skills.
- Horizon High School exhibits a student-centered culture where students, staff and community are:
- Committed to each other’s unlimited potential and
- Focused on relationships that foster support, autonomy, respect and professionalism.
- Prideful of their work and school environment.
- Committed to giving back to the school and community.
- Learning is best when it is real-world and relevant.
- All students can be prepared for post secondary options of university, community college, specialty training or the world of work.
- Staff, staff, students, parents and community serve as active stakeholders in the decision-making processes.
- Partnerships are essential for a focus on 21st Century skills and global mindedness.
- Technology is an essential tool to enhance learning.