Parent Groups - Site Council
The Colfax High School Site Council is an elected, public governing body designated to improve the school. It is composed of students, parents, community and staff members. Currently the School Site Council is an advisory group that assists school staff in making decisions in regards to the improvement of the school. In this regard the Council assists us in overseeing the following areas:
- School Improvement Program
- Single Plan for Student Achievement
- WASC/CDE Focus on Learning (Accreditation)
- Advisory Council for school issues and policies
A typical School Site Council meeting:
- Highlights programs/students that are achieving or that are particularly innovative.
- Involves discussions regarding current educational trends, local issues, and policies to improve CHS.
- Reviews and plans for the development of successful Professional Learning Communities.
Our School Site Council also assists us in reaching our school goals.
The Site Council meets four times a year at 3:10 p.m. in the CHS Library:
- September 16, 2014
- November 18, 2014
- February 10, 2015
- May 12, 2015
If you are interested in joining, please contact the school office at (530) 346-2284