Google Apps for Education is a free service that provides access to all features available in Google to all students, faculty, and staff in your district.
Apps included in package:
Check out these resources for more information:
"Top 10 Reasons to Choose Apps"
Google Apps for Education-main page
Ideas for Use in the Classroom:
- Have students create their essays or papers in Google Docs and share with you; use the comment feature to leave feedback
- Incorporate peer editing into revision process by having students share each others' works and commenting
- Create PowerPoint type presentations; teach students who do not have PowerPoint at home how to use this tool
- Gather information from students using Google Forms; have students create surveys on a topic
- See Google Apps for Education lesson plans for more ideas!