Play mobile java games on your PSP
This is a kvm to run j2me applications on PSP.
Copy "PSPKVM" to /PSP/GAME or /PSP/GAME150 folder.
1) Select "Find Application" item in AMS (the item on the top)
2) Select "Install from memory stick (ms0:/)"
3) Browse the file system of your memory stick now, and select jad or jar to run
4) After selected, the jad/jar will be automatically installed and run. You can choose the installed application from AMS next time you want to run.
By default, the key assignment is blow:
Left Soft: SELECT
Right Soft: START
UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT: Analog joy stick
(* "Shift" = holding Left Trigger or Right Trigger)
Left Trigger + Right Trigger + Triangle: Multi-tasking key (Click to return AMS and put MIDlet to background)
Left Trigger + Right Trigger + Cross: Exit current running MIDlet
Splinter Cell Double Agent - K700i Screen
Might & Magic II - K800i Screen
Rollercoaster Rush - Full Screen
1) Mess display bug of NokiaUI for some games, e.g American Army.
2) Fix PlatformRequest() issue of not launching Installer for Jad/Jar files.
Add missing character in Chinese Input Method. Now full GB2312 charset is supported.
Optimize alpha-blending of drawRGB() with VFPU instructions.
1) HTTPS connection always fail
2) On Screen Keyboard fail to open
3) Virtual Keyboard cannot input 4 and 6
Input symbols and numbers while Chinese Input is open
Improve performance of FileConnection InputStream.skip()
1) pspkvm-bin-x.x.x-150-upgrade: Use this package if your PSP is 1.50 kernel and have installed pspkvm
2) pspkvm-bin-x.x.x-OE-upgrade: Use this package if your PSP is 3.xx OE kernel and have installed pspkvm
3) pspkvm-bin-x.x.x-150-allinone: Use this package if your PSP is 1.50 kernel and havn't installed pspkvm
4) pspkvm-bin-x.x.x-OE-allinone: Use this package if your PSP is 3.xx OE kernel and havn't installed pspkvm
*) Source code package is no longer provided in release; Instead, you can grab source code from svn, tags are
JSR179 support (OE Version only). Currently support GPS290(Sony's USB GPS receiver) only, serial GPS will be
Chinese Input Method. Please see "Virtual Keyboard and Chinese Input tips" in "Running tips" section of Release
Use Sony's On screen Keyboard as alternate input method. Default is off, turn it on in pspkvm.ini
X/O swap in native dialog, configurable by pspkvm.ini
Get device specific properties from pspkvm.ini. User can set properties (e.g "microedition.platform", or User-Agent value) for specific device
Use HTTP proxy setting in network profile
Add SonyEricsson Generic device profile in Device Selection
Virtual Keyboard improvement:
1) Change key layout to be "QWERTY"
2) Add some short-cut keys
3) "Auto-open" property can be configured by pspkvm.ini
Resolve some MIDlets not run problems:
1) Super Action Hero
2) Gmail 1.5.0
3) Yahoo! GO
Use "L+R+Square" to call up network connection dialog at any time (slim version only)
Add pspkvm.ini confituation file
JSR75 root directories configurable by pspkvm.ini
Strech small device screen to fit PSP screen
Resolve bug: can not enter jad/jar file selector form, if the original jar file direcory is deleted
Implement microedition.platform property. Now can run Cangshenlu.
Don't show mess icon in AMS
Resolve the bug that can't output voice in jstardict
Minor optimization of draw_rgb
Enlarge Java Heap to avoid OutOfMemoryError for some games
Limited the heap size used by sound font to fix a crash bug.
Add audio support, it can play MIDI and WAVE now.
Add the homebrew icon, thanks to Datadayne and vivid for making it.
Add the function to select the last selected file when restart, thanks to Kevin Borchert's suggestion.
The fixedsys font was back, thanks to vivid for making font of the special characters.
Fix a crash bug caused by a corrupted jar file in the folder, thanks to Kevin Borchert for the reporting.
Fix the bug that it don't display file name include '.', thanks to Anton Buckov for reporting it.
Support 3.XX kernel now, tested on my PSP-1000 3.71m33 & 3.90m33 :).
Add fake functions for WMA2.0/1.1, many games that need WMA API will can be run now.
Add functions to "String Midlet.getAppProperty(String key)", can run "Cang Shen Lu(苍神录)" now.
Add functions for command bar.
Add a function to load the last selected device when restart, thanks to Shawn Winnie for suggesting it.
Add a new key "L+Cross -> CLEAR", thanks to Jörg Westphal for suggesting it.
Disable some unnecessary exceptions.
Fix a OutOfMemory bug.
Fix a bug when decode some images with transparent color, thanks to asenchai for reporting this.
Fix the bug when display some specific letters, thanks to SOUDAN Gael for reporting it.
Fix the bug that "SELECT" key don't respond sometimes, thanks to Anton Buckov for reporting it.
2008-01-03 01:04 v0.0.6 user can select device by press Triangle now.
2007-12-31 23:50 v0.0.4 fix 2 crash bugs.
2007-12-31 00:14 v0.0.3 fix a crash bug and optimized.
2007-12-23 01:48 v0.0.2 fix some bugs.
2007-12-10 00:42 v0.0.1 the first release.