Welcome to Ms. Dellaripa's Class 3-319!
Here's what we are learning in Reading and Writing:
In reading we are focusing on NON-FICTION reading, and learning about government.
In writing we are practicing editing and revising, and writing opinion essays.
Differentiating With Guided Reading Groups.
Students are working on different activities and reading skills based on their independent reading level.
Heres' what we are learning in Math:
We have begun a new math unit learning SHAPES, LINES, and ANGLES.
Differentiating With Technology in Math Centers.
Students are solving problems using i-pads and dry erase boards
- Every night is a new math sheet reinforcing what we learned that day in math.
- Spelling words: There is a new spelling list every week. The students are to follow the activity for each day and copy the words in their spelling notebook. Spelling quiz on Fridays!
- Monday - Copy words 3 times
- Tuesday - Pizza Spelling (Spell the word with the first letter at the bottom of the pizza. Continue adding on letters until the word is complete)
- Wednesday - Rainbow Spelling ( First write the word in pencil, then trace over it in 2 different colored pencils or crayons)
- Thursday - Look- Say- Cover - Write - Check (Look at the word, say the word, cover the word, write the word, check to see if you got it correct)
- Friday QUIZ! - Re-write misspelled words 5 times.
***Make sure to log your reading steps!!! 30 minutes = 2 steps***