gScholar Labs: Some awesome experimental stuff
gScholar Labs is a testing ground for experimental features that aren't quite ready for primetime. Here you can enable or disable the different labs that are available for gScholar.
- Admins and Teachers can create policies and be alerted realtime on any violations.
- New Chat Auditing panel lets the Admin and Teacher view the history between any two students.
- Google Hangouts do not need to be enabled for this feature.
- View any student's emails through the new Gmail Auditing View.
- Search through all the Gmail Labels including Drafts and any Custom Labels.
- Have all the students' email in one place organized by their emails.
- Pinpoint the location of all the active devices on daily bases.
- View the list of all the running apps. ( Updated any time a new app is opened or closed.)
- Identify geographical boundaries using point and click geo-fencing capabilities.
- Receive notifications when any Chromebook has been taken outside of your established boundary.
- Track all communication between teachers and students.
- Audit all actions taken in gScholar with complete admin logs.
- Track all user website violations with violation logs.
- Preserve asset integrity over their lifetime with written/visual documentation for all your Chromebooks, phones, books, etc.
- Generate QR codes that can be placed on assets for easy tracking with any mobile device.