Summary of KDEMO Project Meeting, 28-29 September 2016
The meeting was conducted by videoconference (Zoom)
Discussion and Plans
- Questions raised at the 04 August meeting were addressed
- PPPL budget allocation was adjusted to be 60:40 Physics:Engineering.
- Chuck Kessel presented the plan for time-dependent scenario simulation. The work will make use of the H&CD parameter scans for LH, NB, IC, and EC.
- Kessel also presented plans for helicon wave study, which has been emphasized by NFRI. This method was examined in some of the ARIES power plant studies; Kessel briefly reviewed the history.
- Kessel proposed to also include a study of high-field side launch LH.
- Joint papers were presented at TOFE and SOFT conference by PPPL first authors (H. Zhang, P. Titus). A joint poster paper will be presented at the IAEA-FEC meeting in Kyoto.
Next Meeting: 29-30 November 2016 (by Zoom)
Tentative agenda items
- from NFRI: highlights of recent conference papers by S. Kwon, J.S. Park
- from PPPL: progress reports by Kessel, Brown, Titus