The Garage was The Forge
When the forge ceased to trade in 1939 the premises were used as a
Motor Garage and Repair Workshop.
This was the old carpenters shop, in c.1955, at the rear of the garage. (Pic.Mrs.Fawcett).
Seen here is Peter Fawcett serving petrol on the forecourt in c.1955. (Pic.Mrs.Fawcett).
Busy times at the garage c.1956. (Pic.Mrs.Fawcett).
1967 and these people pass the garage on their way to a wedding reception at The Swan public house. (Pic.Brian Gowing ).
Some of the wedding guests; L-R, Jack Gowing ,Charlie Gowing, Jack Gooderham, Lily Gooderham, Sheila Gowing, Lily Gowing, and Ethel Brooks. (Pic. Brian Gowing)
The Garage c.1984.
The site as it looked in August 2010. (Pic.R.Gooderham).
The scene 2014. (Pic.Mike Fordham).