Here at Plainview Old-Bethpage School District, we are dedicated to bringing the most up-to-date digital instructional practices to our students, in order to prepare them to become 21st century learners. Google Apps for Education provides teachers and students here at POB with adequate opportunities for learning and collaboration. Additional skills students will acquire while using the Google Platform in their classrooms are:
- develop personal and social responsibility
- effectively use critical thinking, reasoning, and creativity
- increase communication skills, both for interpersonal and presentation needs
- experience cross-cultural understanding
- visualize concepts and develop decision making strategies
- knowing how and when to use technology and choosing the most appropriate tool for the task
We hope the following website will help to assist teachers, students, and parents in becoming more familiar with the Google Platform, the 1:1 Chromebook device, and the power of digital instruction today.
Ben D. Wiley
Director of Art and Digital Instruction
Plainview Old-Bethpage School District
Classroom is designed to help teachers create and collect assignments paperlessly, including time-saving features like the ability to automatically make a copy of a Google document for each student. It also creates Drive folders for each assignment and for each student to help keep everyone organized.