Are you a drilling reservist or guardsman in the U.S. Army Reserve or National Guard?
PLU Army ROTC is a great way to continue drilling with your unit, while completing your degree and becoming an officer!
BENEFITS OF SIMULTANEOUS MEMBERSHIP PROGRAM (SMP)
Guard/Reserve Eligibility for a 2, 3, or 4 year Scholarship require the following:
•Automatic Promotion to E-5 (SGT)
• Drill as a Cadet, shadowing other officers
• $1,200/year book allowance
• Monthly living allowance of up to $500/year
• You can attend any of our affiliated schools
- Pacific Lutheran University - Apply HERE
- Saint Martin's University - Apply HERE
- University of Puget Sound - Apply HERE
- University of Washington Tacoma - Apply HERE
• Must be a U.S. citizen
• Must be a drilling reservist or be willing to enlistyounger than 31 when commissioned
• Must be at least a sophomore in college to start SMP
• Must graduate before turning 31 in order to receive a scholarship (non-scholarship waiverable to 32 and elible for Tuition Assistance)
• Pass the Department of Defense physical examination (DoDMERB)
• Pass the Army Physical Fitness Test (APFT)
• Have a minimum GPA of 2.5*
• Cannot be a conscientious objector
*Minimum requirement. Higher scores will increase competitiveness.
QUESTIONS ABOUT KEEPING YOUR BONUS?
If you're interested in ROTC and want to learn more, call us at or email the Recruiting Operations Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org