- Nominated as President: Vanessa Jodway
- Nominated as Vice President: Gina Fioretti
- Nominated as Secretary: Andrew Gubsch
- Nominated as Treasurer: Ariel Babcock
- Nominated as NSNA Liaison: Cory Seesz
- After the majority vote, Delta Iota Chi will continue to stay affiliated with NSNA
- Bylaws have been edited to include NSNA guidelines for constituency as well as an addition of a new board position for an NSNA Liason Delta officer. A description of this new position is included in our Bylaws. Please review the Bylaws and email Kimberly Kelly, our president, if you would like to make any addendum to the Bylaws: Click Here to view the document
- The writing in RED is non-negotiable and has to be included in our Bylaws according to NSNA. Please review and feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
- These Bylaws will be voted in at our last meeting, Wednesday, May 7th, 2014.
- Coordinators: Gigi Gariglio at email@example.com
- Email Gigi for a time to donate or buy a uniform
- In need of more uniforms!
- Senior IIs do not forget to donate your scrubs once you graduate!
- Contact Vanessa Jodway
- Board looking to connect PLU SoN students to the Alumni Board to create a sense of community
- Encouraging students to attend the bi-monthly meetings
- Next meeting is May 17th from 9:00-11:00 at the Alumni House.
- Saturday, May 17th, 2014 (Check in begins at 8am and the Start time is 9:30, Please ask coordinators about when our team will be planning to meet). It takes place at Kirkland Park Marina, Kirkland. Contact the coordinators if you are willing to carpool?!
- Across the country, nearly 60 million people live with mental illness. The NAMI Walk aims to bring everyone affected by mental illness or family members of these individuals discussions and advocacy for mental illness. Participate in the walk with fellow PLU classmates with our Delta team.
- An educational component sponsored by Delta will be planned for the upcoming year. A $500 charge is currently associated with reserving a booth for the event and this is something we plan to do in the future to provide more education on mental illnesses for participants of the event from a Nursing Student's perspective. Funding resources are being researched and suggestions are welcomed. The appropriation board may also be a great contact for funding next year.
- Please contact the coordinators for more information: Alex
Kean (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Jill Vermurlen (email@example.com)
- Register HERE. It does not cost any money to register for the event. Our PLU Delta Group is registered online through NAMI's website under the group name: Delta Iota Chi
- Sign up for Carpool HERE
- For more information about the National Alliance on Mental Illness and the walk Click Here
Dinner with Heart (Formerly known as Heart Ball):
- Friday, June 20th, 2014 (2pm - Midnight) at the Kelley Farm in Bonney Lake.
Dinner with Heart is a fundraiser dinner sponsored by the American Heart Association. The formal dinner party with a silent auction has now evolved into a rustic farm affair with live music, entertaining and an exciting silent auction. Postitions available for volunteers are listed below and their corresponding hours:
- Setting up for the event: 2pm-6pm
Greeters at entrances (10 needed): 6pm-8pm
Auction (pre and post event): 5:30pm-8pm/8pm-11:30pm
Multicare Nurse Camp
Healthcare Week takes place at PLU by Washington Business Week. Students of Healthcare Week learn about many different career paths in healthcare. On Wednesday, August 6th we will have approximately 100 students pass through the Nursing labs to see demonstrations and talk with nursing students. Due to the volume of students of this event this is an all-day event. I provide lunch for volunteers. Volunteer signups will be sent out to the entire School of Nursing via the BSN Sakai site announcements.
- Franciscan Hospice Volunteer: contact Gina Fioretti at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Medical Reserve Corps (MRC): contact Ruth Kohler at email@example.com
- VIDA Trip: Contact Courtney Suter at firstname.lastname@example.org / Link: vidavolunteertravel.org (This is an opportunity that would not count for Delta hours)