Pacific Lutheran University and the Community Garden
The PLU Community Garden is a completely student, faculty and community run vegetable garden dedicated to providing fresh, local produce to members of the Parkland community. Currently the Garden annually donates nearly two tons of carrots, tomatoes, lettuce, broccoli, squash, onions, kale, and many other varieties of vegetables and herbs to the Trinity Lutheran Food Pantry as well as homeless shelters in the area . The Garden sometimes provides the PLU Dining and Culinary Services with hand-picked local herbs for use in the University Center.
Everyone is Welcome and Encouraged to Help
- Are you a student with service learning hours to fulfill?
- How about a community member looking for ways to volunteer?
- First Time Garden? You will learn a ton!
- Avid Gardeners, come relax.
- Dirt Junkie? Us too.
- Have an event to throw?
- Work Parties: This summer we will be having work parties weekly on Saturdays from 10-noon. Feel free to drop by during those times and get your hands dirty! We also have work parties from 10-noon on Friday mornings where we will be doing some work but also harvesting food! Hope to see you in the garden!
Email the Community Garden at email@example.com to get weekly Garden updates and seasonal newsletters or if you have any unanswered questions!