Pacific Lutheran University and the Community Garden
The PLU Community Garden is a completely student, faculty and community run vegetable garden dedicated to providing fresh, local produce to members of the Parkland community. Currently the Garden annually donates nearly two tons of carrots, tomatoes, lettuce, broccoli, squash, onions, kale, and many other varieties of vegetables and herbs to the Trinity Lutheran Food Pantry as well as homeless shelters in the area . The Garden sometimes provides the PLU Dining and Culinary Services with hand-picked local herbs for use in the University Center.
Everyone is Welcome and Encouraged to Help
- Are you a student with service learning hours to fulfill?
- How about a community member looking for ways to volunteer?
- First Time Garden? You will learn a ton!
- Avid Gardeners, come relax.
- Dirt Junkie? Us too.
- Have an event to throw?
- Work Parties: During the summer we do not have set work party times, but we are more than willing to schedule a time and promote a work party for you. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time for a work party! During the school year (Sept-May) we have work parties weekly on Saturdays from 10-noon. Feel free to drop by during those times and get your hands dirty! We also have a harvest party from 10:30-11:00am on Fridays, while our harvest lasts! Hope to see you there!
Email the Community Garden at email@example.com to get weekly Garden updates and seasonal newsletters or if you have any unanswered questions!