– The mission of North Pitt's media center is to be instrumental in helping the school meets its goals by providing access to information and the most up to date technologies; by fostering an appreciation for literature and reading; by providing an inviting environment for all to learn; by educating students through collaboration with teachers and integrating 21st century skills in the classroom and media center;
– The vision of the North Pitt media center is to become a learning commons in which participatory learning is the norm. We will strive to provide students with opportunities to learn how to learn, work collaboratively with other students, locally and globally, and to improve their critical thinking, problem solving, decision making, and communication skills. We will meet these goals by transforming the library space into a creation, collaboration and presentation space for students and staff.
HoursMon - Fri 7:45 am - 3:45 pm
Open until 4:45 pm on Thursdays
ServicesStudent store with basic school supplies.
TI-83 graphing calculators available for checkout with completion of permission form.
Nook ereaders available for checkout with completion of permission form.
Library staffMedia Clerk: Ms. Cynthia Harper
- Lenior Community College
Media Coordinator: Mrs. Mangum
- BS, magna cum laude, Elementary Education, East Carolina University
- MLS East Carolina University
- Laura Bush Library Book Grant 2016
- Forward Thinking Media Center grant recipient March 2014
- North Pitt's Employee of the month September 2013
- Pitt County Schools Media Coordinator of the Year 2012
Policies & Procedures
Before School Students may come to the library before school starting at 7:45. No pass is required, but students need to sign in upon arrival. Students are expected to work on school related assignments during this time.
Checkout Students may checkout 4 items for 4 weeks.
Overdues We do not charge overdue fines.
Passes to the library - Students must have a pass from a teacher or administrator when visiting the library individually.
Lunch time - Students may use the library during their lunch period. There are twenty passes available for each lunch. Students sign up before their lunch periods. Once students enter the library during lunch, they remain in the library until the end of the lunch period.
After School The library is open until 4:45 on Thursdays