Mission: The mission of the Faculty Resource Center (FRC) is to provide instructional consultation and support to educational program faculty and departments so that students can successfully achieve their course and institutional student learning outcomes (SLOs).
The FRC serves the mission of the college by providing the following services to faculty and staff: (See the PDF at the bottom of this page to read the FRC's SLOs).
- Pedagogically-focused training - in teaching strategies for on campus (including smart or technology equipped classrooms) and online classes. We offer training in a variety of tools geared toward teachers’ skill levels, goals, and interests. Take a peek at our technology planning matrix (see file link at bottom of window).
- Consultation and advisement about teaching strategies, technologies' selection, and creation of universally-designed course materials – Probably the most important service we offer is planning and consultation. Our job is to listen to your needs and goals and provide advice about how to proceed. Sometimes that includes technology solutions but it always includes pedagogical strategies. So don’t be bashful. Call or email us at (David, X2862, wong[at]sbcc[dot]edu), (Laurie, X2724, vasquez[at]sbcc[dot]edu, or (Elizabeth, X5148, Imhof[at]sbcc[dot]edu).
- Instructional Materials Development - includes video/audio taping and editing. We also provide instructional design and technology expertise to create your materials. See our Faculty Showcase to see some of the FRC/faculty projects where we’ve provided instructional design and development support.
- Exploration of new technologies for teaching in the classroom - This includes new mobile and web technologies, etc.
- Leadership in making recommendations to faculty and administration - We participate in educational program workgroups and Academic Senate committees.
Location and Hours of Operation: Our hours of operation are: 8 am to 12 noon, 1 pm to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday Location: ECC-40 (see Link to Map file below) Phone: (805) 965-0581, X2860; Department email: frc-group[at]pipeline[dot]sbcc[dot]edu