Thank you for visiting the GRASSLANDS 5TH GRADE - Home Page
Dear Fifth Grade Students and Parents,
Welcome to fifth grade Grasslands! We are so excited to meet you and be your teachers this year. Can you believe that you are about to begin your 2nd year at Eden Hall? You will soon see that fifth grade will be a challenging and exciting year, filled with many new adventures.
We know that you may be feeling a little anxious for the first day, but just relax and remember that everyone is starting a new year - just like you. Even your teachers get nervous for school to begin!
Below this letter is a school supply list with items you will need for the first day of school. There are two items not on your list that you will need every day… a SMILE and a POSITIVE ATTITUDE!!
Enjoy the last days of your summer vacation to the fullest! Don’t forget to get plenty of sleep so you are well rested, relaxed, and ready to swing into a new year!
We are so excited to get to know
you. We are looking forward to an amazing school year, filled with fun activities, new friends, and memorable learning experiences.
We will see you on Wednesday, August 24th, ready to begin a new school year!
Mrs. Clark,and Mrs. Myler
5TH GRADE GRASSLANDS
BACK-TO-SCHOOL SUPPLY LIST
One part of being successful in 5th grade is organization.
Our fifth grade team is requesting that each student come to school with the following materials:
· One large binder between 2-3" for all subjects
· A pack of 5-subject pocket dividers (Please keep in sealed package.)
· At least one package of 3-hole punched filler paper
large spiral notebook for Math (with at least 120 pages)
· 1 composition non-spiral notebook for ELA
· A colored pen or two (for checking papers)
· At least one highlighter
· A supply of pencils
· Pack of colored pencils
· A 3-hole punched pencil case that is able to fit into your binder
· Sticky notes (3”x3”)
· 1 Jumbo book cover (Math)
· 1 regular or large book cover (Reading)
· 1 basic folder for World Language (no prongs)
· Box of Kleenex & a bottle of hand sanitizer (Last Names A – G)
· 2 boxes of Kleenex (Last Names H – Z)
· USB Flash drive (optional)
· A good independent reading book
like to have a supply of sheet protectors for the students’ classroom
binder storage. If you can donate a box, it would be greatly appreciated!
Click on a link below or on the left to view work assigned by your subject area teacher.
Please note that these homework links are NOT a replacement or 100% guaranteed resource for daily homework. Students are still responsible for accurately and neatly writing all assignments in planners at the end of every class period, and they are also responsible for verifying assignments with the assignment board in the classroom at the end of each day before packing up to go home. We cannot promise that this site will be updated regularly as sometimes things happen where we are not able to post assignments.
Keep working hard!
Mrs. Brockway, Mrs. Clark, Mr. Hunt, and Mrs. Myler