Since the first posting of highlights of our energy conservation efforts our facilities department has been busy with upgrades to our buildings. The following is a list of improvements that we have made that will have a positive effect on the energy use and comfort in our buildings.
* Seven elementary schools have gotten Energy Management upgrades allowing these buildings to have better scheduling and comfort control. These buildings are Madison, Elm Road, Moran, Bittersweet, Elsie Rogers and Northpoint.
* Bittersweet, Madison and Northpoint have all gotten replacement domestic hot water heaters.
* Madison has replaced the very inefficient (and somewhat ineffective) unit vents in their Cafeteria.
* Elsie Rogers has replaced their very old fire tube boiler with 2 very efficient package boilers.
* Penn High School, Prairie Vista Elementary and Walt Disney each added some outside lighting. Although this equipment will increase our electrical load at these buildings we have minimized the impact by installing LED lighting.
* All of our buildings have put security and solar window film on our 1st floor exterior windows. This move is primarily for the security features but we will get added benefit from the solar properties of the film during the cooling seasons.
* Our elementary schools installed doors where there were
none. This project was also done for security but will benefit our
buildings by improving the efficiency of the heating and cooling equipment for
individual rooms when the doors are closed.