At Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, we aim to spark a lifelong love of learning in every individual we touch.
Changing People's Lives by Fostering Passionate, Curious Learners
It's not just our mission; it's our passion. As a global learning company, HMH specializes in pre-K–12 education content, services and cutting edge technology solutions for today’s changing landscape.
HMH creates engaging, dynamic and effective educational content and experiences from early childhood to K-12 and beyond the classroom, serving more than 50 million students in more than 150 countries. Available through multiple media, our content meets the needs of students, teachers, parents and lifelong learners, no matter where and how they learn.
Our renowned and awarded children's books, novels, nonfiction, and reference titles are enjoyed by readers throughout the world. Our distinguished author list, from Ralph Waldo Emerson to Philip Roth, and brands from Curious George to The Lord of the Rings, includes 10 Nobel Prize winners, 48 Pulitzer Prize winners, 15 National Book Award winners, and more than 100 Caldecott, Newbery, Printz and Sibert Medal and Honor recipients.
HMH is an organization rooted in purpose and strengthened by passion. Our values drive our decisions, shape our strategies and shine through in everything we do:
- Curiosity: We value enabling and promoting the curiosity of others, resulting in remarkable discoveries and new ideas.
- Commitment: We must always mean what we say and deliver on our commitments to each other and our customers.
- Effectiveness and Reliability: Our content and our solutions must be more than just innovative – they must be effective and reliable.
- Learning: We are passionate learners. We are driven by the promise of understanding new ideas. We are committed to improving teaching and learning around the world.
- Performance: We are driven to overcome obstacles and succeed. We recognize our role in ensuring the success of others, and we are committed to achieving our goals.
- Best in Class: We are committed to providing our partners, our customers and our communities with services and solutions representing the best our industry can offer.
Click on one of the links below to access the instructional resources.
Math Expressions Common Core combines elements of standards-based instruction with the best traditional approaches. Through drawings, conceptual language, and real-world examples, it helps students make sense of mathematics. NSF-funded* and research-based, Math Expressions is proven to be effective in raising student achievement. Put your students on the path to becoming lifelong learners—and lovers—of all things math with our trusted Common Core math curriculum.
The Big Ideas Math program, written by Ron Larson and Laurie Boswell, utilizes a research-based, balanced instructional approach that includes both discovery learning and direct instruction lessons. The program’s Dynamic Technology supports and enhances the multiple pathways available from sixth-grade mathematics through Algebra 1, Geometry and Algebra 2.
With Journeys © 2017, readers are empowered by skill mastery; inspired by authentic, award-winning text; and confident that they are building the skills needed for college and careers. Backed by proven results, Journeys is the most widely-used reading program in the country. Journeys is a research-based, comprehensive English Language Arts program designed to provide solid instruction that is clear and focused with realistic pacing and manageable resources.
Helping you develop student abilities to analyze complex texts, determine evidence, reason critically, and communicate thoughtfully, Collections—the nation’s leading ELA program for Grades 6–12—provides a multi-faceted digital and print approach that transcends the traditional anthology and resonates with today’s students.