The applications are now online.
Click here to be directed to the online applications. Students majoring in band, chorus, orchestra, and keyboard (Thomas G. Pullen, Benjamin D. Foulois and Hyattsville MS) receive an intense leveled program including small and large ensembles, solo playing and participation in music festivals and concert performances. The audition requirements for the Creative and Performing Arts (CPA) programs are as follows.
Centros Para las Artes Visuales y Escénicas Solicitud
Total Audition Time: Approximately 15 - 20 minutes
- Students will vocalize on various warm-up exercises to test vocal range and ability to match pitches.
- Students will be asked to echo music phrases.
- Students will sing "America" (My Country 'Tis of Thee) SOM 6 pg. 388 OR "The Water is Wide" (SOM 6 pg. 46) without piano accompaniment.
- Students should prepare a song to perform. They should bring sheet music to the audition and have the song
- memorized. An accompanist will be provided. Please avoid "popular music" because it is very difficult for young
- voices to sing. We recommend using folk songs, hymns, or a song from a musical. For example, "Greensleeves," "Tomorrow," "Amazing Grace," etc.
- Students will be required to sight read a "C" pentatonic melody.
- Students will be required to perform a basic rhythmic passage consisting of sixteenth, eighth, quarter, half and whole notes.CVPA
- Sing The National Anthem or Shenandoah in D major for Alto and Bass/Baritone voices. Sing in the key of F major for Soprano and Tenor voices.
- Perform rhythmic and melodic sight-reading comparable to MCEA middle school level 3. The chart is below and can be downloaded.