To become smarter, you can do the following 10 things:
1. Ask for help from your teacher, classmates, family, etc.
2. Listen carefully to what is being said in class.
3. Pay attention to what is being done in class.
4. Participate in class.
5. Complete all homework, projects, and classwork assignments.
6. Practice! Practice! Practice! - The things you learned in class.
7. Study your class notes, handouts, textbooks, etc.
8. Read more about the subject, activity, or task being studied.
9. Learn test-taking skills.
10. Be self-motivated (In other words, get things started for yourself.)