Our bus drivers have reported an alarming increase in the number of motorists who do not comply with basic safety rules while they are picking up and dropping off students. Here are some important reminders from Pennsylvania's School Bus Stopping Law
(please remind friends and family, too):
- When you meet or overtake a stopped school bus with red signal lights flashing and stop arm extended, you MUST STOP.
- When you approach an intersection where a school bus is stopped with red signal lights flashing and stop arm extended, you MUST STOP.
- You MUST STOP at least ten (10) feet away from the school bus.
- You MUST WAIT until the red lights have stopped flashing and the stop arm has been withdrawn before moving.
- DO NOT MOVE until all the children have reached a place of safety.
See below for more information.