PHS Fire

A small fire suspected to be caused by an electrical malfunction damaged three classrooms on the third floor of Pennridge High School Wednesday evening.

Firefighters were called to the high school at approximately 7:30 p.m. by an automatic water flow alarm. By the time they arrived, a sprinkler system contained the fire and limited the damage to mostly water and smoke in the classrooms.

There were no injuries reported.

“We are grateful for the quick response of our volunteer firefighters to ensure that the damage was contained,” said Superintendent Dr. Jacqueline Rattigan.

School district maintenance crews worked through the night to clean up the area in time for classes Thursday morning.