School History

 

       Deibler Elementary School began its life as the eight-classroom East Rockhill Elementary School in 1956, when a number of smaller schools were consolidated into one. 

 

 

 Steeley's , 1876
 Fillman's, 1891
 Sunnyside, 1898
 
 
 
 
 Three Mile Run, 1898
 Miller's, 1903
 Rockhill, 1926
 
Groundbreaking for East Rockhill Elementary School, May, 1956 

 
          Five more classrooms, a library, and an extension of the multi-purpose room were added in a 1962 expansion. 
Mrs. Ildah Fluck was named Head Teacher/Principal and served in this capacity until 1964. Mrs. Margaret M. Seylar served as Supervising Principal. All schools in the Deep Run Valley School District were consolidated with the schools in the Pennridge Joint School District to form what is now known as the Pennridge School District. 
 
 
 
 
In 1970, six more classrooms in an open space format, a large music room, a separate art room, and an expanded kitchen were added to complete the school's look as a T-shaped ranch-style building.

In honor of the former Principal, who served as the school's administrator from 1964 until his death in 1976, the school was rededicated and renamed Robert B. Deibler Elementary School in October 1976.
                                Robert B. Deibler                                    Dedication Ceremony
 
The most recent renovations to the school began in March of 2000 and were finished in September of 2001. Every classroom has been totally renovated, with new floor tiles, ceiling tiles, lights, windows, and classroom doors installed. Our vocal music room, health suite, and faculty room have also been totally redesigned and renovated.

 


New additions to our facility include a full-size gymnasium and library,a computer lab, an instrumental music room, and new offices for Instructional Support, Guidance, and Speech and Language. New teaching areas were built for our Learning Support program, Reading program, and Gifted Support Program.

The Administrative office suite is much larger than before, and the kitchen area has been completely redesigned and furnished with all new equipment.
The school has additional parking and there are now two student drop off and pick up loops to improve traffic flow.
During the 2016-2017 school year, the Deibler faculty and staff will serve approximately 450 students in Kindergarten through Fifth Grade, and Mrs. Deb Brady will begin her ninth year as Principal of Robert B. Deibler Elementary.   

 

Comments