Make an Appointment at the TLC!
Use this link to sign up for a time to talk to the TLC coordinator Ruth Aichenbaum about your learning needs or to do work at the Teaching & Learning Center using Ruth as a resource. You're also invited to use this appointment calendar to sign up to learn about participating in a Critical Friends Group. Walk-ins are welcome!
Workshop & "Lunch & Learn" Sign Up
Use this link to sign up for workshops and Lunch & Learn sessions. If the timing of a workshop / lunch doesn't work for you, please contact Ruth and she'll set up an individual time for you to learn.
Teaching & Learning Center Quia Survey Fall 2016
Do you have questions or need help getting started? No problem! You can...
- Watch the video above!
- Make an appointment at the TLC using the link above
- Call Ruth @ extension 335
- Email Ruth ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Stop by the TLC located on the 2nd floor of the Gummere Library.
| TLC Mission Statement|
William Penn Charter School’s Teaching and Learning Center’s mission is to promote excellence in teaching by providing meaningful and ongoing opportunities to enable faculty to further develop as reflective practitioners and to advance their professional practice. This will be achieved through differentiated instruction and varied modes of learning to support teachers as they strengthen their craft. The ultimate goal of TLC is to empower teachers, administrators, and staff to further their individual professional growth to ensure that students receive an outstanding education.
We invite you to learn about the topics below and more! Once you know what you're interested in learning, either make an appointment to come to the TLC using the link to the left or write Ruth an e-mail telling her about your interests, and she will set you up with a mentor to best help you with your learning.
- Authentic Assessment
- Classroom Management
- Creating and Using Rubrics
- Curriculum Development and Backwards Design
- Differentiated Instruction
- Digital Portfolios
- Facilitating Class Discussion
- Flipped Classrooms
- Implementing Quaker Pedagogy
- Interdisciplinary Connections
- Project-Based Learning
- Student Feedback
- Workshop Model for Teaching
| Understanding Students |
- The Brain and Executive Function
- Diversity and Student Voices
- Facilitating Conversations
- Rock Climbing
- Time Management and Organization
- Understanding Anxiety
- Apps for Teaching and Learning
- Creating Online Presentations
- Digital Organization
- Digital Photography
- Google Tools
- Graphic Design for Teachers
- Mac Programs
- Movie Making
- Online Testing and Surveys
- PC Hub
- Personal Learning Networks
| Other...whatever you want to learn!|
| TLC Supports: |
One-on-one instruction, small group workshops, drop-in assistance for pedagogy, technology as a tool for teaching and learning, classroom visits (internal and external), Critical Friends Groups, outside workshops and conferences, book discussions, and online learning.
| TLC Doesn't Do: |
Tech Help Desk, technical troubleshooting, hardware support.