School Improvement Plan
School Improvement Team
Rocky Point Elementary's School Improvement Team meets regularly to discuss ideas for improving our school and teaching methods. They also meet to discuss concerns and issues pertaining to our students, teachers, and staff. Yearly, the team revises our School Improvement Plan which outlines goals and strategies.
Our School Improvement Plan is located in NCStar, which is a school improvement planning tool. NCStar has 12 key indicators plus additional indicators that can be selected to target specific areas of improvement. We invite parents and community partners to view our NCStar plan for strategic improvement using the following link: http://www.indistar.org/.
The 2017-2018 Low-Performing School Improvement Plan is available for review:
- Go to http://www.indistar.org/
- Sign in using the school's Guest Login and Guest Password listed below:
- Login - GuestS17039
- Password - GuestS17039
- Click on the Reports/WiseWays/Indicators tab
- Click on Comprehensive Plan
- Click on Directions to learn how to access reports and other pertinent information
Note: The 2017-18 Improvement Plans for Low Performing Schools in accordance with G.S. 115C-105.37(a1)(5) and G.S. 115C-105.39A(b)(5) can be found online in NCStar.
If you would like to make a comment regarding our plan, please click on SUBMIT A COMMENT and select Rocky Point Elementary School.
We, the staff of Rocky Point Elementary, will prepare productive and responsible citizens for success in a globally competitive society.
The mission of Rocky Point Elementary is to partner with families to create a safe, supportive educational environment that fosters the highest achievement for all students through high expectations and high-quality instruction.
- Rocky Point Elementary students will increase Math proficiency as measured by classroom assessments, district benchmarks and EOG test scores by 5%, each year (overall gain of 10%) and will “Exceed Expected Growth” as measured by state performance indicators to attain a NC School Report Card grade of C or above.
- Rocky Point Elementary students will increase Reading proficiency as measured by classroom assessments, district benchmark assessments, and EOG test scores by 5% yearly (10% overall ) and will “Exceed Expected Growth” as measured by state performance indicators to attain a NC School Report Card grade of C or above.
- Rocky Point Elementary students will show adequate rates of growth through administration providing continuous learning opportunities and professional development for staff that is fully-aligned with identified needs as measured by survey results, data analysis, and observations (formal and informal).
- Rocky Point Elementary students will participate in interactive learning opportunities with parents throughout the year. These opportunities will be publicized through written communication and electronic media in English and Spanish as a vehicle to promote strong community relationships with all stakeholders as measured by collection samples, logs, and surveys.
- Rocky Point Elementary students will increase their ability to self-control social emotional behaviors through administration and staff being attentive to all stakeholders' emotional states and implementing supports and interventions. The administration and staff will recognize the individuality of all students/staff and their contributions to the learning environment to enhance the collaborative culture as measured through staff working conditions surveys, quarterly committee notes, logs, and walk-through observations.