- Our History
- Strategic Plan
- Executive Committee
- Contact Information
PHA collections include historic maps of Peacham from its earliest settlement. We are making several digitized maps available on this web site. They present a wealth of information about Peacham in the 19th century. The digitized maps include the manuscript map of Peacham lotting plans that show the division of land among the pioneer settlers in early 1800’s. Two of the maps were printed in gazetteers of Caledonia County. The maps of the 12 school districts in 1875 show not only the location of the one-room schoolhouses but also names of property owners in 1875.
The list of available digitized maps includes:
Peacham Lotting Plans Originally prepared by David Martin and then recopied in 1912 and again in 1926. Original map is held by the Vermont State Archives.
1858 Walling Map: Published in Walling, H.P. Map of Caledonia County.1858.
1875 F.W. Beers’ Atlas of Caledonia County: Peacham published in Beers, F.W. Atlas of Caledonia Co., Vermont. New York, Beers, 1875
Maps of Peacham School Districts, 1875: The separate maps were enlarged from the 1875 F.W. Beers’ Atlas of Caledonia County by Tracy McIntyre, Geographic Information Systems Specialist at the Northeastern Vermont Development Association in 2006.
Old Cellar Holes. Property Owners in Peacham, Vermont. Copied and enlarged from map of. 1875. Aug.1944 by Louise Bayley. Reproduced by D.Wilcox, Mar.1964. The map was scanned by Tracy McIntyre, Geographic Information Systems Specialist at the Northeastern Vermont Development Association in 2009. The original map and a key to the cellar hole numbers is part of People of Peacham. Jennie Chamberlain Watts and Elsie A. Choate compilers. Edited by Richard Wood with assistance from the Peacham Historical Association. Montpelier, Vt.: Vermont Historical Society, 1965.