- Our History
- Strategic Plan
- Executive Committee
- Contact Information
Welcome to the Peacham Historical House
Our Historical House is open July 4th, every Sunday from 2-4pm from July 5th to September 27th, and on Fall Foliage Day. Visit the special exhibit and experience the innovation of the past in our extensive tool room, take a trip back in time at our country store counter display, or relax in Lorna's Garden. Donations are appreciated.
Lorna Field Quimby Archives and Research Center
The Archives and Research Center, completed in 2015, is located at 145 Church Street. It is open to the public by appointment twice a week, Mondays from 10-12, and Wednesdays from 1-3. Contact Diana Senturia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Presenting the Ashbel Goodenough Blacksmith Shop
Visit our fully functioning blacksmith shop and gain a new appreciation of the craftsmanship of this utilitarian art. The Peacham Historical Association purchased the historic Ashbel Goodenough Blacksmith Shop in 1997. It is significant as one of the few surviving relics of Peacham's "industrial" past. The structure is also important to Vermont's history as a whole. The shop and its immediate surroundings are already being used as an educational tool for interpreting the past. The shop is open on the 4th of July and Fall Foliage Day every year. For other dates, see our calendar.
Peacham Hollow Schoolhouse
This simple clapboarded building housed the School District No 9 common school. Built in 1858, it is a fine example of a utilitarian schoolhouse with window banks of six-over-six sashes on the gable front and both sides. It is in almost original condition and embodies the plain style and decorative details of a gable-fronted schoolhouse. The schoolhouse was moved in 1938 from its location close to the road to its present site. The gable entrance porch is supported by columns and was probably added later.
The school remained open until 1968. It was the last one-room schoolhouse to close in Peacham. The building was converted into a private residence. In June 2008, the Del Prete family deeded the building to the Peacham Historical Association. Many dedicated volunteers are working to make the building usable for educational purposes. At present, it is open only by special appointment.
Please visit one of our buildings to learn more about Peacham's history. We look forward to seeing you!