The mission of Upperman High School is to empower all students in a
safe, challenging environment with skills of learning to achieve
excellence in academics and become responsible members of society.
PCS Mission Statement
- Student learning is enhanced when multiple teaching strategies can be related to some real aspect in their own lives.
- Every child should have equal opportunities for a quality education.
- All students can learn when they share the responsibility for their learning and have adequate support and resources.
- An effective instructional program empowers its students
with the ability to think critically and make informed decisions using
- Our teachers have the responsibility to teach and our students have a responsibility to learn.
- A quality education is necessary for a rewarding and fulfilling life.
- Students should develop an appreciation as well as a
tolerance for races, cultures, and perspectives that are different from
- A school must have the necessary means to meet the needs of every student regardless of their learning abilities.
- Education is a process whereby each student is provided a
program of instruction that will provide knowledge and skills that will
enable he/she to function in our society as an individual and as a
productive citizen in a global society.
- An education is possible for everyone especially when a
partnership is formed between the school staff, parents, and the