We welcome original submissions from domestic and foreign scholars in the fields of literature, linguistics, English teaching, and cultural studies. In addition to articles on research, methodology and criticism, the journal also welcomes book reviews.
Deadline for submissions: July 31, 2015
1. Manuscripts should be written in English. Literature papers should follow MLA style; papers in the fields of linguistics and English teaching adhere to APA style.
2. Manuscripts should be close to 20 pages or 7000 words in length, inclusive of separate English and Chinese abstracts (250 words maximum), each with 3 to 6 keywords below. HKEJ’s length standard is flexible based on the merit and originality of the submission, but articles that depart significantly from these guidelines will face a reduced likelihood of acceptance.
3. All submissions and correspondence should be transmitted electronically via e-mail. Please submit electronic files of manuscripts (in Microsoft Word) along with the author data form (available at http://sites.google.com/a/ pccu.edu.tw/hkej/submissions) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Preliminary internal review is without charge; authors of papers forwarded for external review will be charged NT$2000 to fund the referees’ stipend.
5. Our journal will not consider for publication manuscripts being simultaneously submitted elsewhere, or any material that has been previously published under the author’s own name or the name of any other author.
6. Sections or chapters of authors’ own M.A. theses or Ph.D. dissertations may be revised and submitted for consideration. The author should indicate that his/her submission is part of his/her degree work in a revised form.
7. Upon acceptance for publication, the author is required to sign a copyright agreement form (available at http://sites.google.com/a/pccu.edu.tw/hkej/ copyright-agreements).
8. The author will receive one copy of the journal and a PDF file of the article upon publication.
9. Book reviews should cover books published within the last five years and should be around 2 pages in length. They should include full bibliographical data at the top of the text, as well as the total number of pages in the book.