In this area you will find all of the necessary materials from my presentation at the 2012 Art Educators of Minnesota Conference entitled: Architectural Design within the Art Classroom. Many of the resources here were originally developed while I was a teacher within the Northfield Public Schools. I would hope you feel free to use this content, please observe copyright laws and acknowledge intellectual property rights when sharing or using this work.
Architectural Websites of Interest:
- Videotect Challenge Imagine the City of the Future 30 - 120 second video
- Arcosanti - An Urban laboratory focused on innovative design, community, and environmental accountability by architect Paolo Soleri
- The Architecture Week's Great Building Collection Over a thousand usable images and excellent reference site for significant architects/architecture including photographic images, architectural drawings, integrated maps, timelines, 3D building models, bibliographies, links for the world's most significant structures.
- A to Z Architecture for Kids Presentation for NAEA from Carolyn Brooks A large collection of lessons, instructional presentations, and activities to foster architecture curriculum in your art classes (largely elementary ideas, but scalable)
- Society of the American Institute of Architects Michigan Architectural Foundation's Architecture: It's Elementary! (downloadable PDF lesson guides for K-5)
- Architecture is Elementary (free book preview)
- Frank Gehry in Pop-Up (one of our book references)
- 50 Architects You Should Know (one of our book references from the Perpich Center Library)
- The Architecture Pack (one of the our book references)
- A Guide to the Architecture of Minnesota (older but good preview here)
Idea Sparkers Based on Specific Architects:
Google SketchUp Resources:
Curriculum Resources >