PHHS Engineering & Computer Science Academy
Incoming 9th Graders (Class of 2025)
Are you interested in studying Engineering Design, Architecture or Computer Science with us? Check out our PHHS Engineering Academy Information Sheet. (note: if you can't load the sheet, log out of your stu.sandi.net account)
Once your application is submitted, you will be added to our roster. Enrollment is first come, first served until classes are full, after which we will begin a wait list. Note: for this year, as long as you apply before May 1, you are guaranteed a spot in the program. Contact Mrs. Moy with questions (email@example.com.)
For Updated Scholarship Information, visit Mrs. Moy's Super Scholarship Spreadsheet
PHHS Virtual College Fair
• ALL STUDENTS - enter the US Dept of Defense Video Contest (due 4/18)
• ALL STUDENTS - Attend the San Marcos Promise panel for students interested in architecture, construction, engineering, design, and finance. (4/19, 11:30am)
• ALL STUDENTS - SDCOE careers in health & biotech virtual event (4/19-4/23)
• ALL STUDENTS - Nick Cannon Foundation Teen Summit & Business Competition (4/30) (grand prize $10,000)
ALL THE TIME Opportunities:
• ALL STUDENTS - Visit the CCTE Event Calendar for lots of digital events, workshops, etc.
• 11th GRADERS - sign up for Ms. Labe's College Club to get LOTS of personalized help on college applications!
• LADIES - Young Women in Bio SoCal Webinar Series (monthly until 5/12)
• ALL STUDENTS - Big Data Summer Camp - hands on projects!
Clarification: No SDSU Preferred Admissions
Students & Parents,
We have been getting a few questions about the SDSU Preferred Admissions Agreement and would like to clarify. Back when SDSU was a Project Lead The Way Affiliate school, they allowed less selective admission to students applying to Engineering majors with PLTW classes on their transcript.
However, back in 2018, PLTW made some changes which involved removing their college affiliates - thus, all affiliate schools (including SDSU) stopped offering these agreements two years ago. We agree, it is extremely disappointing that this advantage no longer exists for our students!
Our personal thoughts, if they make you feel any better:
• Having worked with many students both during and post-compact, we don't see much of a difference in the number of students being admitted. The vast majority of our kids who have attended SDSU for Engineering have easily met the admissions requirements on their own.
• All the drama that happened between PLTW and the colleges did NOT affect our classes, pathways, course credit, or Engineering program at PHHS.
• Our program is extensive and our students graduate with four or more Engineering classes on their transcript. This gives them a huge advantage in the college admissions process even without any special agreements. Students: if you want to pursue a degree/career in Engineering, you are in the right place, admissions agreements notwithstanding.
• Ms. Labe and our Engineering teachers are here for support during the college admissions process and we can help you with applications, financial aid, scholarships, etc. (speaking of which, Seniors, sign up for College Club!)
Feel free to contact us with any questions :)
-Mrs. Moy, Mr. Jaffe, Mr. Olsson and Ms. Van Loan