PHHS Engineering & Computer Science Academy
• Lunch with Engineering Staff, Wednesdays from 1:00-1:30 pm.
• Join us for our Industry Partners Q&A sessions on select Wednesdays at 1:30 pm.
(Zoom links for these events are sent via email every Monday, or ask an Engineering teacher!)
• Upcoming College Club virtual visits: SDSU (October 7th at 1:00 PM). Click here to sign up!
For Updated Scholarship Information, visit Mrs. Moy's Super Scholarship Spreadsheet
• ALL STUDENTS - Apply for the Lockheed Martin Experience Program
• ALL STUDENTS - Attend Cal Poly Pomona's Virtual Engineering Open House (11/14)
• PowerPoint from 10/7 Guest Speaker Presentation (Ms. Marino, Mrs. Murphy)
• ALL STUDENTS - Apply for the California Scholarship Federation (CSF)
• LADIES - Young Women in Bio SoCal Webinar Series (monthly)
• ALL STUDENTS - attend the 2020 Virtual Manufacturing Expo (free, 10/1, 1-4pm)
Clarification: No SDSU Preferred Admissions
Students & Parents,
We have been getting a few questions about the SDSU Preferred Admissions Agreement and would like to clarify. Back when SDSU was a Project Lead The Way Affiliate school, they allowed less selective admission to students applying to Engineering majors with PLTW classes on their transcript.
However, back in 2018, PLTW made some changes which involved removing their college affiliates - thus, all affiliate schools (including SDSU) stopped offering these agreements two years ago. We agree, it is extremely disappointing that this advantage no longer exists for our students!
Our personal thoughts, if they make you feel any better:
• Having worked with many students both during and post-compact, we don't see much of a difference in the number of students being admitted. The vast majority of our kids who have attended SDSU for Engineering have easily met the admissions requirements on their own.
• All the drama that happened between PLTW and the colleges did NOT affect our classes, pathways, course credit, or Engineering program at PHHS.
• Our program is extensive and our students graduate with four or more Engineering classes on their transcript. This gives them a huge advantage in the college admissions process even without any special agreements. Students: if you want to pursue a degree/career in Engineering, you are in the right place, admissions agreements notwithstanding.
• Ms. Labe and our Engineering teachers are here for support during the college admissions process and we can help you with applications, financial aid, scholarships, etc. (speaking of which, Seniors, sign up for College Club!)
Feel free to contact us with any questions :)
-Mrs. Moy, Mr. Jaffe, Mr. Olsson and Ms. Van Loan