PHHS Engineering & Computer Science Academy
Incoming 9th Graders (Class of 2025)
Are you interested in studying Engineering Design, Architecture or Computer Science with us? PHHS offers NINE Engineering and CS courses in which you will learn real industry skills and prepare yourself for a career in a STEM field!
To learn more about our courses and program, check out our PHHS Engineering Academy Information Sheet. (note: if you can't load the sheet, you probably need to log out of your stu.sandi.net account - the district blocks access to pdfs outside their domain)
Once your application is submitted, you will be added to our roster. Enrollment is first come, first served until classes are full, after which we will begin a wait list. Note: for this year, as long as you apply before May 1, you are guaranteed a spot in the program.
To ensure a smooth enrollment process, please make sure you select "Introduction to Engineering Design" (course #3657 / 3658) on PowerSchool as your elective for the 2021-22 school year. If you have already completed the articulation process, no worries - just send me an email and let me know and I will make sure you are enrolled in our Engineering class.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Mrs. Moy at email@example.com.
For Updated Scholarship Information, visit Mrs. Moy's Super Scholarship Spreadsheet
• ALL STUDENTS - attend PinkSpace Theory's college experience panel series (3/1, 3/15 and 3/31)
• 11th GRADERS - sign up for Ms. Labe's College Club to get LOTS of personalized help on college applications!
• ALL STUDENTS - attend Strategic Energy Innovations (SEI) Panels (monthly until April)
• ALL STUDENTS: SD County of Education Careers in Public Service Workshops (3/8-12)
• ASPIRING MEDICAL FIELD WORKERS - attend Grossmont Healthcare's Career Planning Workshop (3/16 at 4pm)
• JUNIORS: Apply for Questbridge College Prep Program for mentorship and financial assistance (due 3/24)
• LADIES - Young Women in Bio SoCal Webinar Series (monthly until 5/12)
Clarification: No SDSU Preferred Admissions
Students & Parents,
We have been getting a few questions about the SDSU Preferred Admissions Agreement and would like to clarify. Back when SDSU was a Project Lead The Way Affiliate school, they allowed less selective admission to students applying to Engineering majors with PLTW classes on their transcript.
However, back in 2018, PLTW made some changes which involved removing their college affiliates - thus, all affiliate schools (including SDSU) stopped offering these agreements two years ago. We agree, it is extremely disappointing that this advantage no longer exists for our students!
Our personal thoughts, if they make you feel any better:
• Having worked with many students both during and post-compact, we don't see much of a difference in the number of students being admitted. The vast majority of our kids who have attended SDSU for Engineering have easily met the admissions requirements on their own.
• All the drama that happened between PLTW and the colleges did NOT affect our classes, pathways, course credit, or Engineering program at PHHS.
• Our program is extensive and our students graduate with four or more Engineering classes on their transcript. This gives them a huge advantage in the college admissions process even without any special agreements. Students: if you want to pursue a degree/career in Engineering, you are in the right place, admissions agreements notwithstanding.
• Ms. Labe and our Engineering teachers are here for support during the college admissions process and we can help you with applications, financial aid, scholarships, etc. (speaking of which, Seniors, sign up for College Club!)
Feel free to contact us with any questions :)
-Mrs. Moy, Mr. Jaffe, Mr. Olsson and Ms. Van Loan