Welcome to Passages Academy! As a school, we welcome you to explore our website to learn more about our school, staff, and the amazing work of our students. We also invite you to be involved with the activities of our students, staff, and school community. We are honored to serve our students, to share in their growth, and to witness their courage, resiliency, and humanity as they continue to learn and contribute to our New York City community.
This website is not compatible with Internet Explorer 8 or earlier. Please use Chrome or Firefox for a better experience.
Student Voices at Passages Academy
At Horizon on June 6, 2014, teacher Ms. Lucy Watson facilitated a student panel who spoke with representatives from Teach for America's Good to Transformational Leadership group. Eight students participated and spoke specifically about the impact that their teachers and counselors have made in their lives, mentioning: Mr. Robert Caldwell, Ms. Mary Lou Deligio, Ms. Lauren Rugg, Ms. Nam Grimaldi, Ms. Lucy Watson, and Ms. Pauline Wilson by name and with stories to share. The students made statements such as:
- "I never knew that if I paid attention that I could do the work. I am learning how to do the work here."
- "Here I am known and appreciated."
- "There are always people judging me. As long as you have hope you can do something in life."
- "I want to beat the statistic."
- "I am in a bad situation but am making something good out of it."
- "What would I say to a little kid? Stay in school if you want to be a superhero."
- "They make me feel unique."