Managing Collaborative Groups in a 1:1 Environment
- Do I need to re-design my classroom?
- Are there optimal designs that allow me to see the students screens?
- Do I need to see the students screens at all times? What if they go to Facebook?
- How do I get the students attention if they have their laptops opened?
- Do I have to spoon-feed my students? If not, how do I encourage resourcefulness?
- How do I teach versatility? (students must develop the deftness to shift approaches until something work.)
- What are some strategies to encourage responsibility towards their learning process?
- How do we do enable persistence?
- Technology is not reliable, how do we handle technical issues?
- How should I form the teams?
- How do I get teams off to a good start?
- How do I grade team assignments?
- How can we be sure that students are doing their share of work?
- How can I help students develop their teamwork capabilities?
- What types of projects can I do with laptops?
- How do I balance covering the content and allowing students to find information?
- How do you protect the students from strangers?
- How do students contact experts?
- What technologies are available for contacting experts? (Skype, e-mail, call conference)