2a. Teachers design or adapt relevant learning experiences that incorporate digital tools and resources to promote student learning and creativity.
- incorporate the TI Calculator into the AP Calculus curriculum to better understand the purpose of a derivative, its meaning, and its usage
- use TI Navigator System in Precalculus and Calculus to review material, and answer both open ended and multiple choice questions using the Quick Poll feature
3c. Teachers communicate relevant information and ideas effectively to students, parents, and peers using a variety of digital-age media and formats.
- use the Parish portal on a daily basis to display homework assignments, test and quiz dates, as well as communicate current class progress and grades with both parents and students
- use the Parish portal to display each day's class notes so that any student missing class can easily access the lesson, allowing them to catch up on their own time
5a. Teachers participate in local and global learning communities to explore creative applications of technology to improve student learning.
- partipate in AP Calculus online teacher's forum, in which Calculus teachers from all over the country share ideas, teaching strategies, helpful hints, etc.