All goals have been accomplished!
1a. Teachers promote, support, and model creative and innovative thinking and inventiveness.
1c. Teachers promote student reflection using collaborative tools to reveal and clarify students’ conceptual understanding and thinking, planning, and creative processes.
- Presented new approaches I came up with this year to problems encountered, kids got to see how excited I get about that kind of thing.
1d. Teachers model collaborative knowledge construction by engaging in learning with students, colleagues, and others in face-to-face and virtual environments.
- Used TI-Navigator, team activities that I monitored, let kids teach kids in math lab
- Work and learn with colleagues all the time. Too far ahead of the kids for truly collaborative learning with them.
2b. Teachers develop technology-enriched learning environments that enable all students to pursue their individual curiosities and become active participants in setting their own educational goals, managing their own learning, and assessing their own progress.
- Daily use of SMARTboard for interactive notes, then posted on the web
- Frequent use of various TI technologies (TI-84, TI-nSpire class sets, TI-Navigator)
- Presented GeoGebra (http://www.geogebra.org/cms/) as a tool to model and analyze Geometry diagrams; a few students were intrigued and started modeling homework problems on their own.
2c. Teachers customize and personalize learning activities to address students’ diverse learning styles, working strategies, and abilities using digital tools and resources.
- Have given individual assignments to aid in remediation of basic concepts. Either involves working with me or working with online resources; results have been mixed.
3c. Teachers communicate relevant information and ideas effectively to students, parents, and peers using a variety of digital-age media and formats.
- Kept in communication with students and parents using portal; set up wikis for peers
4a. Teachers advocate, model, and teach safe, legal, and ethical use of digital information and technology, including respect for copyright, intellectual property, and the appropriate documentation of sources.
- Became more conscientious about crediting images from the web
5d. Teachers contribute to the effectiveness, vitality, and self-renewal of the teaching profession and of their school and community.
- Brought all kinds of knowledge and materials back from CAMT and shared with peers; used many learned techniques and materials in classes