WHO Pack 180 (and family members)
WHAT Overnight Camp Out!!!
WHERE JB Williams Park - Glastonbury
WHEN October 19-20 (rain or shine)
WHY Because Scouts is ALL About Great Memories
Join us for our annual fall camp-out at JBW, October 19th & 20th (Rain or Shine)
Arrival 3:00 pm
Tent set up 3:00 - 4:00 pm
Den or Family Time 4:00 - 5:00 pm
Field Games 5:00 - 6:00 pm
Dinner 6:00 - 6:45 pm
Pack Meeting 6:45 - 7:30 pm
Camp Fire Upper Pond 7:30 pm
Cubmaster Pancakes UPPER POND 7:00 am
Departure 9:00 am
Please bring your side dish or dessert to the pavilion
Tent set up is at Upper Pond
Don't forget to bring your flashlights and warm jacket to the field/dinner
Class A uniforms (shirts, neckerchiefs) should be worn for the pack meeting
Supplies list (provide link under camping)
The annual Lake Tadma Fishing Derby is Saturday, April 16th 7-9:30 AM at Camp Tadma in Bozrah, CT. Friday night camping and Saturday breakfast is also available. The attached document provides additional information and contains a registration form.
If you are interested, please complete the registration form and return it to me at the address shown on the registration form, or you can bring it to the Pack meeting on April 13th. Payment is due with registration form. THE DEADLINE FOR REGISTRATION IS APRIL 13TH.
If you have any questions please email me or call me at 860-652-0061.
Join us for a fun overnight trip to Battleship Cove in Fall River, MA on June 16. Eat and sleep in bunks like a WWII sailor aboard the Battleship Massachusetts. Tour a battleship, destroyer, submarine and more. Trip includes Saturday dinner, Sunday breakfast, Sunday box lunch and evening activities.
You can tour the museum and ships on Saturday and leave Sunday morning, or arrive later on Saturday and explore on Sunday. Arrival is from 11:00 am to 3 pm on Saturday. Bunks must be cleared by 9 am Sunday with departure from the museum by 4:30 pm Sunday.
Evening events last year included dinner, movies, talented storytellers/musicians, presentations by WWII veterans, Morse code class, knot tying class and a snack bar (extra charge).
This is a family trip and siblings are welcome but children must be at least 6 years old to attend. We plan to place everyone in one open bunk area. The accommodations are basic.
- Cost is $55 per person.
- Make checks payable to "Pack 180" and mail them to address below. Organizer will send one combined payment on behalf of the pack.
79 Butler Drive
Glastonbury, CT 06033
Here is a great starting point to help prepare for a camping trip. If there are other items you think would be good on this list, please add comments below or let your Den/Cub Leader know:
- Tent with Ground Moisture barrier (plastic sheet) and Blue Tarp; 5x7 to cover things left outside of tent
- Sleeping bag
- Foam or inflatable sleeping pad
- Rain Poncho
- Hat; wool for Fall and Winter
- Jacket for cold weather
- Canteen or Nalgine bottle for personal water
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- Small first aid kit
- Clean-up kit; small hand soap, tooth paster, toothbrush, comb, floss, fast dry towel
- Toilet paper; half roll in zip-lock bag (optional…will have portatpoties)
- pocket knife (if your scout has been trained in its proper use)
- Chair for relaxing next to campfire
- Small amount of twine or clothes line in case need to tie something
- Extra Pair of pants (non-cotton)
- Sweater / Sweatshirt, Wool or Polyester
- Long Sleeve Shirt (wool or synthetic)
- Short sleeve shirt
- Sleepwear like sweateshirt and sweatpants
- Extra Pair of sock (non-cotton)