Perkins-Tryon High School National Honor Society
National Honor Society induction ceremonies for new members will be held Tuesday, October 9, 2018 at 6:30 p.m. in the commons area at Perkins-Tryon High School.
All NHS members and their families are invited.
Academic and Service Requirements to Maintain Membership in P-T National Honor Society
1. Academics: Members shall maintain a 3.5 cumulative grade average based on all subjects taken as degree requirements for graduation.
2. Service: NHS members shall spend a minimum of 20 hours in school or community volunteer activities per year. Service hours will be due on April 2.
Service that DOES qualify
- Service through school or community-based service learning projects
- Service with community organizations that can be verified by the organization
- Service with a faith-based organization that is not proselytizing* or religious instruction
Service that DOES NOT qualify
- Paid or stipended service
- Religious instruction
- Conducting worship services
- Engaging in any form of proselytizing*
- Efforts that are directed to serve only a family member
*Proselytizing generally refers to any attempt to convert somebody to a religious faith or political doctrine.
Failure to maintain service hours or pay dues will cause a member to be placed on probation. Seniors who are on probationary status may not wear the NHS honor stole at graduation.
3. Membership dues shall be $20.00 per year to assist with group activities; to buy membership pins, senior stoles, and graduation cords; for state membership dues. The deadline to pay dues is December 14.
NHS Officers 2018-2019
President - Taylor Allen
Vice President - Cole Aldridge
Secretary - Bailey Ray
Reporter - David Maness
Treasurer - Harley Houston