ES Student Laptop Reservation Procedure
Post date: Sep 16, 2014 7:07:17 PM
Elementary School Student Laptops
are available for OWNCS teachers to use with their classes
- 1st Floor (outside Room 112)
- 2nd Floor (Copy Room)
- 3rd Floor (outside Staff Room)
- 4th Floor (Hallway Outside Room 401)
RESERVATION CALENDARS (Google)
ALL TEACHERS (INCLUDING THOSE TEACHING IN THE AFTER-SCHOOL PROGRAM) ARE REQUIRED TO FOLLOW THESE PROCEDURES
- Reserve a laptop cart on the one of the Google Calendars listed above
- If the Laptop Reservation Calendars do not appear in your calendars, add them by following the directions on the Calendar Link
- Create an event for a teaching block adhering to the starting and ending times of the ES periods
- Enter your last name and the room # where you intend to use the laptops
- Before the scheduled time, pick up the key from the Tech Office
- Retrieve the laptop cart from its specified location listed above
- Turn the power button OFF before pulling the plug from the wall
- Sign the ES Laptop Sign Out Sheet on the clipboard on the key box.
- Assign the same laptop to the same student every time.
- Check each laptop when it returned (this takes one second or less).
- If you see a missing or loose key, make a note to yourself to create a Help Desk Ticket.
AFTER USING LAPTOPS
- Return the laptops to their correctly numbered slots on the cart
- Attach a power adapter to each laptop
- Return the laptop cart to its designated location
- Plug in the power to the wall and turn the power button ON
- Press the button to “Charge All” laptops
- Enter Time Returned
- Return the key to the Tech Office
- If the Tech Office is closed for the day, place the key in the After Hours Key Drop box outside the Tech Office
- Students will save all work on their Google Drive (not on the laptop)
- If there are student projects that are too large to be saved on Google Drive (e.g.iMovie) the teacher is responsible for maintaining backup
- Students are not permitted to move the carts or retrieve/return keys
- Any damage to a laptop must be reported immediately to the Tech Dept.
- Students are not allowed to have drinks or food while using computers