- Everyone has a right to learn.
- Everyone has a right to be safe.
- Think before you act.
- Be respectful to each other.
- Have a positive attitude, and encourage others to do the same.
- Verbal warning
- √ after name; recess penalty
- √√ - phone call home; additional recess penalty
- √√√ - sent to office
- Assignments are always given due dates. Failure to meet these will meet the consequences listed above.
- Students have one day to finish late assignments in order to receive credit. Parents will receive a note explaining the late assignment.
- All late work is expected to be completed.
- Late work is factored into Effort grades and occasionally Academic grades.
CLASSROOM BEHAVIOR EXPECTATIONS
- All students are to be polite to each other.
- During classroom discussion, students will raise their hand before speaking.
- Students will listen respectfully to their teacher and their fellow classmates, and will not interrupt while someone else is speaking.
- Students are to follow directions the first time given.
Every paper will have a proper heading. Full name, date, and subject, along the right-hand margin of the paper.
Handwriting will be neat and legible. If it is sloppy, you will be asked to do it again. Cursive is preferred and encouraged.
Spelling and grammar will be done to the best of your ability on everything.
- For essays, typing is preferred.