ORCC's Student Advisory Board (SAB) convenes a team of students, who have each been nominated by their schools as outstanding leaders, and provides them with additional leadership experience to move beyond their campus and make a powerful statewide impact.
Meet the 2012-2013 Board
- Take a look at who is representing Oregon's campuses, here.
Advisory Board Goals
- Advise: Board Members will provide input and guidance on ORCC's student-focused program, including helping us determine the focus of our annual conference, days of service, and potential new programs.
- Engage: Students will spread the word about great opportunities to serve, lead, or advocate around important community issues statewide. Particularly, board members will recruit their peers to participate in the events and programs they help plan.
- Lead: Board Members will also take on leadership roles in the initiatives they plan and recruit for by serving as presenters, project leaders, and facilitators.
- Benefits: Students will have the opportunity to collaborate and network with top student leaders from other campuses, leverage their community leadership skills for statewide initiatives, develop significant professional board experience, and receive post-college support (referrals, references, job search assistance, etc) from ORCC staff and alumni.