REFEREE'S CODE OF CONDUCT
- Always remember the game is for the players. Player safety and fair play always come first.
- Study and learn the Laws of the Game and understand the 'spirit' of the Laws. Help fellow referees to do the same.
- Encourage and endorse the AYSO philosophies of Everyone Plays, Positive Coaching, and Good Sportsmanship.
- Respect other referees and their decisions, and do not publicly criticize another official.
- Wear the proper uniform and keep it in good condition.
- Maintain good physical condition so you can keep up with play.
- Stay calm when confronted with emotional reactions from players, coaches and parents.
- Honor accepted game assignments. In an emergency, please do your best to find a replacement.
- Support good sportsmanship with a kind word to players, coaches and parents of both teams when deserved.
- Always be fair and impartial, avoiding conflicts of interest. Decisions based on personal bias are dishonest and unacceptable