COACH'S CODE OF CONDUCT
- Enthusiastically support and practice "Everyone Plays" and Positive Coaching philosophies of AYSO.
- Be reasonable in your demands on the young players’ time, energy, enthusiasm and their performance on the soccer field.
- Impress on your players that they must abide by the rules of the game at all times.
- Develop team respect for the ability of opponents, and for the judgment of referees and opposing coaches.
- Ensure that your players’ soccer experience is one of fun and enjoyment (winning is only part of it). Players should never be yelled at or ridiculed for making mistakes or losing a game.
- Set a good example and be generous with your praise when it is deserved. Children need a coach they can respect.
- Keep informed about sound principles of coaching, growth and development principles relating to children.
- Enlist the support of your team’s parents in your efforts to instill the proper attitudes and values in the players.
- Check equipment and facilities that you use. They should meet safety standards and be appropriate for the age and ability of your players.
- Follow the advice of physician when determining when an injured child is ready to play again.