The aim of Open_Sailing is to develop the International_Ocean_Station. The international Ocean Station would perform several things :
- Oceanography & Exploration
If you are interested in any of theses areas, work with us.
We have great oil rigs that permit us staying in the oceans in the same place, but they are extremely expensive and pollutive facilities. We have great boats, they are great to go from point A to point B, but they are expensive and usually not optimized to stay in one same study field. We need a new type of intermediary architecture, many floating laboratories to carry middle terms to long terms field research.
In the process of engineering this new research facility we may invent a new architecture family, a soft architecture, a bioarchitecture in symbiosis with the environment.
Ocean survival architecture has been a strong source of inspiration,(ie. Givens Liferafts) but we need to go further than surviving : how can we live together in this new fluid configuration and remain a hyper-connected intelligent social being? We are trying to make a truly “open architecture” : pre-broken, under-defined, reconfigurable, moveable, pluggable, organic, fluid. Can we reach a harmonious dynamic state of interdependence with each other and the blue planet? Will this lead to the next step of civilization progress? Will we dissociate our concept of progress with infrastructure and metropolis?
The maps have all been programmed on maps.google.com, you can save individual map and ad them as your own (if you have a gmail account which is free and amazing) : all maps directory by firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also view these maps confortably using google earth.
The project is at full speed now, as an individual you can :
As an expert or amateur enthousiast, you can :
As an industrial, sponsor, you can :
We are divided in several labs, if the one you are interested is not here : create it !
- Instinctive Architecture : an architecture that behaves like a super-organism, reacting to the weather conditions and other variables, reconfiguring itself.
- Energy_Animal : an independent module that generates energy from the waves, wind and sun, providing continuously off-grid energy and being a node for environment and data mesh networking.
- Nomadic_Ecosystem : engineering a mobile aquaculture to sustain human long term life at sea.
- Openet.org : forum to formulate a global standard for a purely civilian internet, an internet owned and moderated by its users, not by the governments nor the industries nor the militaries.
- Life_Cable : a simpler unified standard for energy, water, waste, information in a complex built structure.
- Swarm_Operating_System : a customizable decision assisting software, using real-time data about global threats or personal interests.
- Ocean_Cookbook : making the experience at sea not of a survival quality but a truly yummy experience.