Broad Area Funding Opportunity
Gulf of Mexico Region
Funding for 2012 and 2013
NOAA, the Gulf of Mexico Sea Grant programs, and EPA Gulf of Mexico Program are pleased to announce a request for pre-proposals for 2012-2013 funding. Funding sources include: Ocean Research Priorities Plan, NOAA Coastal Storms Program, NOAA Coastal Services Center, Florida Sea Grant, Louisiana Sea Grant, Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant Consortium, Texas Sea Grant and the EPA Gulf of Mexico Program. Other funding sources may be added prior to final selection of proposals.
The deadline for pre-proposals is 4 p.m. Central on Friday, Feb. 25, 2011.
The purpose of this notice is to advise the public of multiple funding opportunities for pre-proposals as the first step in the review process to identify one- or two-year projects to address priority coastal issues in the Gulf of Mexico region.
Funding Initiative and Eligibility
- Coastal Storms Program: Local governments, non-profits, homeowner associations, business organizations, and community/university partnerships are eligible. Principal investigator(s) must work in and focus on the coastal counties within the Gulf of Mexico region.
- Ecosystem Services Valuation: University-based programs throughout the United States. Pre-proposals submitted require investigators from at least two Gulf of Mexico states.
- Sea-Level-Rise Data, Products and Tools*: University-based programs within the Gulf of Mexico Region.
*Important update regarding Sea-Level-Rise Data, Products and Tools Initiative (SLR viewer).
Forms and Guidance
If you require a format other than Microsoft Office, please contact Loretta Leist.
Preproposals must use the latest version of the GOM Regional Budget Form (90-4) and the GOM Regional Budget Justification.
GOM Regional Title Cover Form
GOM Regional Title/Cover Form Guidance
Tips for preparing your pre-proposal narrative
GOM Regional Budget Form
GOM Regional Budget Justification Form
GOM Regional Budget Form and Budget Justification Guidance
E-mail submissions should be addressed to Loretta Leist (firstname.lastname@example.org) and include the following two files:
- In a single Adobe PDF file
- Signed cover page (signed by institutional or signatory authority)
- Project Narrative (maximum of three pages)
- Rationale and Societal Benefits
- Objectives and Hypothesis(es)
- Expected Outcomes
- Expected Impacts
- Application of Results
- Literature Cited (no page limit)
- Budget Form (one budget for each year)
- Budget Justification (one justification for each budget year)
- Curriculum Vitae (2 pages per investigator)
- Letters of Support (no page limit)
- A second file containing a completed and unsigned copy of the cover page saved in a word processing format.
If submitting by hard copy, pre-proposals should be sent to: Pre-Proposals, Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant Consortium, 703 East Beach Drive, Ocean Springs, MS 39564. Hard copies must be received by Friday, Feb. 25, 2011.