Yesterday I had a meeting with SINTEF SeaLab, which studies a lot about oil spills (behaviour of oil, responses, etc.).
You can find the meeting notes here (OpenSailing only)
Main points :
- we should focus on light oil collection and calm weather conditions first
- why not tow sheets of sorbent material instead of booms (to increase contact surface) ?
- why not tow a set of sorbent equipments (2, 3 or more rows dragged by Protei) ?
- contact NCA (Norway Coastal Administration) and NOFO for legal issues and testing
- possible application of Protei : collecting the continuous sheens from the offshore platforms residual water. (600L/day for example on Troll B platform)