Recent site activity

  • Media
    edited by Cesar Harada
  • People
    edited by Cesar Harada
    attachment from Cesar Harada
  • Home
    edited by Cesar Harada
  • People
    edited by Cesar Harada
    attachment from Cesar Harada
  • Home
    edited by Cesar Harada
  • View All
News‎ > ‎

GM20121007

posted Oct 16, 2012, 5:42 AM by Gabriella Levine
Date: 20121007, 6pm Oslo time


Attending

Guidelines

Date for Next GM

Budget

Costs of hiring a corporate lawyer and an IP lawyer

Kickstarter rewards

Project management

General meetings

Repository of admin documents

Trello

Roles - involving the whole Team and more

Mission statement

Prototyping Protei 10.X


Attending


  • Deborah Brundy
  • Allen Jiang
  • Cesar Harada
  • Ru Mahoney
  • Brian Poissant
  • Etienne Gernez
  • Sebastian Müllauer
  • Gabriela Levine
  • Peter Keen

Secretary: Etienne Gernez
Chairman: Gabriela Levine

Guidelines


  • Each item should be structured according to:

  • update: on the specific item
  • needs: expressed by the attendees
  • actions: to address the needs, assigned to one or several responsible, who by default will give an update at the next GM

The agenda by default for next GM follows the same items as those addressed in the present GM so that it is possible to keep track of needs and actions: do we have any unresolved need?

Date for Next GM

20121016 1600 Oslo time

Budget

Update
Gabby presents the budget version 2

Needs
  • separate Protei and OpenH2O accounts
  • separate income and expenses
  • follow the P&L standard (Profit and Loss)
  • keep track of previous expenses
  • keep track of coming expenses
  • guideline: put ourselves in the shoes of an accountant reviewing the budget
  • set a folder to collect individual expenses
  • find a software for keeping individual accounts and group them together

Actions
  • Brian and Allen to find a software for accounting

  • Everyone: to gather their own expenses and effort, including artist fees as source of income. These expenses will not be reimbursed immediately. They are used to keep track of our operational expenses.

  • Allen to re-structure budget according to P&L standard

Costs of hiring a corporate lawyer and an IP lawyer

Actions
Costs to be reported by tasks responsibles.

Kickstarter rewards

Update
Instruction manual based on newest prototype.
Prototype does not need to be inflatable!
15 Hoodies would cost 40 USD a piece including international shipping on www.customink.com

Needs
Breakdown of costs of kickstarter reward

Actions
  • Instruction manual to be produced when the prototype is built: Cesar for content and Kasia for layout.
  • Cesar to send spreadsheet with detailed costs for electronics and parts
  • Allen to break down the budget to allow for detailed cost of kickstarter rewards. Costs to be updated when ordering the electronics and the prototyping of Protei 10.0 is more advanced (Milestone 1: 20121126)

Project management

General meetings

Needs
  • Agenda needs to be ready beforehand, including:
    • actions to be reported
    • unresolved actions
    • new actions

Actions
  • Cesar to prepare agenda for GM 20121016 based on minutes of meeting
  • Etienne to release a template for GM minutes on google docs

Repository of admin documents

Actions
Brian asks the team to keep storing the documents on Google doc until migration to new server scheduled for end of November

Trello

Needs
  • creating boards for short term actions together with deadlines and responsible:
    • Specs
    • IP
    • Corporate
    • CRM
    • Electronics order
    • Sponsorship Plan

Actions
All task responsible to update Trello with their respective task according to Planning of resource document and role distribution to be agreed upon next GM.

Roles - involving the whole Team and more

Update
Ru asks how she can contribute and what is her exact role, as it is unclear for her, after not being able to attend the Protei summit.
Ru suggests to create committees and "heads of" i.e clear out the different responsibilities.
Cesar proposes to use the following org structure as inspiration:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/worldworldworld/6684108135/sizes/l/

Needs
  • Finding out mandatory legal roles
  • Agreeing on areas of responsibilities

Actions
  • Cesar to propose a simplified org. structure for Protei
  • Cesar to propose a simplified org. structure for OpenH2O
  • All are invited to look into it and find their desired position

Mission statement

Update
Deborah suggests to agree on the mission statement to prepare for the role distribution and the hierarchy associated to it.
Cesar recalls the current mission statements:
Protei: Open hardware, shape-shifting, sailing robot to sense and clean the ocean
Open-H2O: To develop and promote open technologies to explore and protect the ocean and water

Actions
  • Comment and propose amendment to mission statement for Protei and OpenH2O for GM 20121016. A vote will be taken to agree on the mission on that date.


Prototyping Protei 10.X


Actions
Oslo and Paris team to convene for a first meeting "Protei 10.0 Specs and Design”
on 20121016 1.30pm to 3.30pm


-----------------------------------------------------------------
Meeting closed by chairman at 07:55pm.
Comments