Summarizing with a Theme
love, friendship, perseverance, individuality, responsibility, trustworthiness, citizenship, loneliness, loss, hope, honesty, family, jealousy, respect, caring, bravery, happiness, acceptance, courage, compassion, cooperation, kindness, loyalty
- Crime does not pay.
- Never give up.
- Lying does not pay.
- Family should always be most important.
- Just when you think life is finally going to be easy, something bad happens to balance it all out.
- Honesty is always best.
- Everyone needs to feel like they fit in.
- Death is part of the life cycle.
- Sacrifices bring their own reward.
- Human beings all have the same needs.
- Live each day like it’s your last.
- Appreciate what you have.
- We are all unique in our own way.
- Do what makes you happy.
- Always believe in yourself.
- Never judge a book by its cover.
- Love is the worthiest of pursuits.
FANTASY: contains elements that are not realistic
- talking animals
- magical powers
- often set in a medieval universe
- possibly involving mythical beings
- stories centered around the basis of a partially historical situation
- a novel set in a historical period
MYSTERY: a novel involving:
- solving a puzzling event or situation
- something unknown
- solving a crime
- centered around a person who investigates wrongdoing
o centered around a person or persons employed to obtain
- secret information
- stories that take place in modern times
- characters are involved in events that could happen
- stories that often tell about science and technology of the future
- involving partially true fictions laws or theories of science
- Settings: in the future, in space, on a different world, in a different universe or dimension
Cause and Effect
Summarizing a Story
Drawing Conclusions with Mrs. LaRue- click HERE