*Digital Citizenship Agreement
Our Lady of Fatima Catholic School believes that technology serves as a dynamic tool for learning that optimizes productivity, connectivity, collaboration, and creativity. Our goal in providing Internet access and digital devices to students is to promote educational excellence. At Our Lady of Fatima Catholic School, we strive to develop students are who are: Active Christians, Life-Long Learners, Effective Communicators, Self-Evaluators and Problem Solvers. As such, we expect all users to abide by and model the accepted Digital Citizenship Agreement, including but not limited to the statements below. If the Digital Citizenship Agreement is not followed, inappropriate use may result in cancellation of privileges and/or school disciplinary action. Kindly note, the faculty will review and reinforce the Digital Citizenship Agreement with students throughout the year. Parents, please read through each statement with your child/ren.
- Respect Self: I will show respect for myself through my actions. I will select online names that are appropriate. I will consider the information and images that I post online to build a positive digital footprint.
- Protect Self: I will not publish my personal details, contact details, or a schedule of my activities. I will protect passwords, accounts and resources. I will find a healthy balance between online and offline activity. I will report any inappropriate behaviors directed at me.
- Respect Others: I will show respect to others. I will not use electronic mediums to bully or harass other people. I will show respect for other people in my choices of websites. I will not visit inappropriate sites. I will not abuse my rights of access and will not enter other people's private spaces or areas.
- Protect Others: I protect others by not forwarding inappropriate materials or communications and not visiting inappropriate sites. I will protect others by reporting abuse.
- Respect Intellectual Property: I will respect copyright rules and follow fair use guidelines.
- Protect Intellectual Property: I will protect property of others by following fair use guidelines.
- Respect Property: I will respect the property of others, including school property such as networks, hardware, software, or other user's files and data.
- Protect Property: I will follow the rules for appropriate use of digital equipment in the computer lab and in the classroom and be prepared to learn every day.
I understand that use of the school's networks should not be considered confidential and may be monitored by school employees at any time to ensure reliability, integrity, security, and appropriate use. I understand that I will be required to share all passwords, folders, and products with my teachers and administrator and may not change passwords or change sharing rights without permission.
As the parent/guardian, I understand that access to the Internet is designed for educational purposes. Although Our Lady of Fatima Catholic School has installed hardware/software to implement web filtering to help block access to inappropriate sites, I recognize it is impossible for Our Lady of Fatima Catholic School to restrict access to all controversial materials. I will not hold school personnel responsible for materials acquired on the network. I give my permission for my child/ren to access the Internet while supervised at Our Lady of Fatima Catholic School.
We hereby verify that each of the family members listed below understands and will abide by the Digital Citizenship Agreement of Our Lady of Fatima Catholic School as stated above.
*hard copies of signature pages kept in office