Old Sixth Ward
"The Old Sixth Ward Neighborhood Association exists for the purpose of maintaining and improving the quality or life within the Old Sixth Ward Neighborhood, recognizing and enhancing its historical and cultural importance to the City of Houston."
Statement of Purpose, Our Bylaws
Meet Your Neighbors
Sixth on 6th at 6:00 PM - For a casual affair, come meet your neighbors on the 6th of every month at 6:00 PM at different locations around the neighborhood.
Historic Conservation Committee Meeting - Every other Thursday, and once a quarter on Saturday at MECA, Dow School Building, 1900 Kane at Silver (Google Map). Anyone and everyone is welcome.
Check the calendar below for the most up to date information on meetings and events.
Join Our Mailing List
Mailing List Perks
- Receive emails for our public announcements and events.
- No cost or membership required.
- Unsubscribe at any time.
Join the OSWNA Membership
- Automatically added to the Mailing List and associated perks.
- Members-only emails!
- Voting rights to provide your input on how you want to shape the Old Sixth Ward.
How to Join
- Review the Membership and Voting Guidelines to ensure you qualify for membership.
- Print and fill out the membership application.
- You have a few options to submit your application:
- Option 1: Meet the board at our monthly meetings and drop off your application to us in person.
- Option 2: Return by mail to:
Old Sixth Ward Neighborhood Association
1900 Kane Street, Houston, TX, 77007
- Option 3: Drop in the OSWNA dropbox located inside MECA.