As we begin our Youth Basketball program, we have implemented additional safety procedures & made changes to the schedule we typically use. These changes have been made to ensure the health and safety of youth participants, volunteers, spectors and YMCA staff.
● Winter basketball will consist of an 8 game season. These games will be played on Saturday’s only. This will allow us to only have one game played at a time.
● Games will start on December 5th and run through January 30th. Games will not be played on Saturday, December 26th.
● We will only allow 5 spectators per athlete per game. These fans MUST fill out a YMCA Covid-19 waiver before entering the gym. These will be kept on file, once you have filled one out you will just need to check in at the front desk before entering the gym. Anyone under 18 years old will need to have the minor Covid-19 form sign by a parent or guardian.
● All spectators MUST wear a mask while in the gymnasium.
● YMCA Staff will be cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting bleachers & equipment between games.
● Players should not share water bottles or drink containers. We encourage all players to bring their own water bottle to practices and games.
● Please allow teams and spectators from games played before yours to exit the building before entering.
● If a positive Covid-19 test is reported to the YMCA, teams impacted will be notified while keeping the individual’s identity confidential.
● To ensure participant health and safety, as well as the enjoyment of our facilities and programs we will continue to review and update these guidelines as needed to remain in compliance with federal, state & local guidelines.
● 4-5 year old teams will play 4 quarters, lasting 5 minutes each. There will be a 3 minute half time. Each team will be allowed 2 thirty second time-outs per half.
● Both 6 - 8 year old & 9 - 11 year old games will consist of 4 quarters lasting 6 minutes each. There will be a 3 minute half time. Each team will be allowed 2 thirty second time-outs per half.