9th Grade Purity Bible Class
E-mail address: email@example.com
Teacher Web Site: https://sites.google.com/a/ocsi.org/mrs-williams-p-health/
School Phone Number: 098-958-3000 x401 (my room extention)
Hour: 6th 2:00-3:00pm
Room Number: 216
Best Time to Call: 10:00-10:30
In this course we will use the Word of God and Anderson and Park’s book Purity Under Pressure to work to equip the students with the knowledge to handle the pressures of today’s youth. Purity of mind, body, and spirit will be studied and broken down to help give each student the desire and understanding of why it is a physical, emotional, and spiritual necessity to stay pure.
Text: Purity Under Pressure by Anderson and Park
1 B5 THICK Journal Notebook (to be collected and returned for frequent journal assignments) MUST HAVE!
Unit Tests 25%
Journal Assignments 25%
Chapter & Memory Verse Quizzes 30%
Daily Reponses/Homework 20%
*Daily responses are part of your participation grade was well as participating in class discussions and activities.
*Your actual journals are turned in once a week, graded and handed back to you the next week
- Participate actively in class discussions.
- I expect student to have excellent attitiudes, be prepared, and respectful
- Be thoughtful and reflective in journal writings.
- Weekly as a class attending and paying attention to Wednesday chapel
- Get ready for an excellent semester!
- Be in class on time and fully prepared (bible, text, and journal in hand).
- Follow student handbook rules, particularly those relating to:
Food, drink, and gum
- There is a three strike system in my class.
- If you have distracting, inappropriate, or negative behavior (anything that I feel is taking away from my class) you will receive a verbal warning
- Second time you get a demerit
- Third time you are sent to the office
- There is no Speaking Japanese during class
- If you mention or suggest any crude or inappropriate topics or demonstrate that behavior I will dismiss you from class.
- This is a biblical class and as such all material will be based on what the bible says. I want you to feel open to sharing your input and opinion about any of the topics we discuss.
- Romans 10:9 : “That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.”
- Ephesians 2:8-9 : “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God- Not by works, so that no one can boast.”
- 1 John 1:9 : “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.”
- Psalms 32: 7-8 : You are my hiding place you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance. I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go: I will counsel you and watch over you.”
- Proverbs 3:5-7 : Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him and He will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and shun evil.